African Development Bank Group Latest Recruitment 2018 And How To Apply
African Development Bank Group…African Development Bank Group Latest Recruitment And Job Vacancies, Jobs For Key Offices At African Development Bank Group 2018. See How To Apply Below.
African Development Bank Group Latest Recruitment 2018
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Business Applications Engineer – CHIS2
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000544
- The Vice-President, Human Resources and Corporate Services will lead the effort to digitalize and transform the Bank into a knowledge-driven workforce, promote human resources policies that enhance talent, drive a performance-driven culture, and ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice
- Under the direction of the President, s/he will drive a new corporate culture that rewards creativity and innovation and attracts and retains a world class workforce into the Bank.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The Corporate IT Services Department (CHIS) is mandated by the Bank to deliver the best possible IT services for Bank staff, and help achieve the results that will get the Bank closer to accomplishing its development goals.
- The principal mission of the division (CHIS2) is to ensure that the IT infrastructure of the Bank fits the needs of the Institution and functions in an efficient and cost effective manner to support the bank’s operations
- The Bank’s infrastructure consisting of high end servers, storage and data protection system supports applications, such as SAP based ERP, BI, financial risk, email, content management, etc.
- The main objective of this position is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the Bank’s Information Systems and warrants proactive and reactive work to resolve infrastructure system and applications issues in an efficient, timely, and effective manner to minimize business downtime
- The incumbent works closely with PMO office to support programmes and projects implementing business solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, the incumbent will carry the following duties:
Design Systems and Applications to Fit Business Requirements:
- Participate in the Architecture Review Board sessions to design the IT and OS infrastructure platforms architecture that will support business and infrastructure applications.
- Analyze the IT operational needs of the organizations and make recommendations.
- Manage IT infrastructure solutions and applications’ acquisition process (budget planning, technical specification, evaluation committee, contract negotiation, etc.).
Deploy and Maintain Applications, Servers and Storage Systems Infrastructure:
- Install, configure and test operating systems, application software and system management tools with respect to change management policies.
- Implement and Manage productivity tools to maintain proactive alerting on performance and availability aspects.
- Maintain Operating systems and applications up to date to minimize systems vulnerabilities.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system automation and minimize human errors.
- Establish a schedule of preventive maintenance to ensure optimum performance of equipment.
- Interface with technology vendors for equipment servicing, training, etc. whether guarantee or routine maintenance.
Provide 2nd and 3rd Level Support on Operating Systems, Applications, Storage and Data Protection Systems:
- Manage service requests, problems and incidents raised through the bank IT service Desk within established SLAs.
- Open and manage service requests with service providers as and when required.
- Provide advice and guidance to systems development and service delivery staff on the correct and effective use of system hardware and software.
- Provide advice and guidance to Country Offices IT staff.
- Provide timely communication to stakeholders during incidents and problems management.
Ensure Servers, Applications and Storage Systems Readiness for the Bank’s Business Continuity Plan:
- As part of the business continuity team, participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of the IT disaster recovery plan
- Perform Business Continuity Plan tests
- Configure data protection systems (backup/restore) for corporate applications and data.
Enforce IT security Policies:
- Enforce the bank’s security policies for operating systems and applications.
- Follow up and implement IT audit recommendations where applicable.
Maintain Up to Date Infrastructure and Applications Documentation:
- Draft procedures, operational guides.
- Maintain the configuration management database
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Master’s Degree in Computer Science Engineering or a related discipline
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience in a similar position including (3) years in an international institution
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows or UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Experience in performance tuning techniques of Operating Systems (CPU, Memory, I/O bottlenecks) and application stacks.
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting infrastructure and business applications (Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL; etc…)
- Experience in setup of all aspects (Network, Storage, HA, DR,) of any one of the enterprise virtualization platforms (VMware, Xen, KVM, PowerVM, and Hyper-V).
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Experience in infrastructure and business Applications (Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, etc…)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., PowerShell, shell scripts, Perl or Python).
- Good knowledge of SAN protocols (FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS).
- Experience in Application Delivery Solution (NetScaler, Nginx, Big-IP etc.).
- Experience with Disaster Recovery technologies and solutions.
- Experience with backup and data protection solutions (replication, snapshots).
- ITIL foundation certification
- Good organizational skills and ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to communicate in English and/or French or good working knowledge for other language.
Job Title: Principal Sanitation Specialist – AWF
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50088560
The Hiring Division
- The African Water Facility (AWF) is an initiative of the African Ministers’ Council on Water (AMCOW) to mobilize resources to finance water sector facilitation and investment activities in Africa. The AWF has been established within the context of the Africa Water Vision and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The African Development Bank is managing the AWF on the request of AMCOW.
- The resources of the AWF are primarily allocated to: water resources projects and programmes focused on improving the enabling environment for sustainable national and regional water resources management, preparing projects and programmes for immediate capital investments, and providing resources for strategic and small-scale investments.
- The AWF plans, organizes and carries out activities related to projects and programs cycle activities (identification, preparation, appraisal implementation and supervision) in the above areas, in all African countries; undertakes studies on issues regarding the water sector development and related areas; provides advice and technical assistance to African countries; and ensures coordination and synergy with other partners and donors in the water and sanitation sector in Africa.
- The AWF currently manages a portfolio of €166 million spread all over Africa.
- The AWF is recruiting a Sanitation Specialist who will mainly support the management of the growing sanitation portfolio of the AWF.
- Develop the AWF portfolio in line with the AWF strategy through identifying projects and conducting dialogue with governments, river basin organisations, local governments, utilities, private sector and NGOs, among others;
- Supervise AWF’s sanitation portfolio ensuring that project objectives are met particularly with regard to financing of follow-up investments;
- Develop knowledge products to disseminate AWF’s impact and lessons learnt.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Sanitation Specialist will be responsible for supporting the development of the AWF portfolio, with a focus on sanitation. S/he will be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects and will ensure that project objectives are met in an efficient and sustainable manner. S/He will undertake various activities, which among others, include:
Supervise AWF Sanitation Portfolio:
- Lead the thematic project identification and preparation including assessment of concept notes, preparation for/guidance during orientation events and preparation of full proposals.
- Recruit consultants and/or organize and undertake project preparation missions as necessary to finalize the preparation of the Project Appraisal Reports and support the review process to approval by the relevant authorities.
- Ensure that grant agreements are signed promptly after approval as well as timely achievement of grant effectiveness.
- Provide on-going assistance to Recipients in understanding and applying AWF’s operational procedures relating to grant administration as well as the rules and procedures for the procurement of goods, works and services.
- Work with AfDB’s Financial Department in processing disbursement requests by providing up-to-date information on spending categories, established list of goods, works and services, contracts, entry into force of grant agreements, authorized signatories, extension of closing dates, managing grant savings and any revisions and modifications thereof.
- Undertake desk and field supervision to ensure that projects are well implemented, are accomplishing the intended objectives and recommend any necessary corrective measures.
- Conduct regular meetings with team members to assess status of projects and also to make necessary changes and improvements, where necessary, to achieve the expected results.
- Ensure efficient achievement of all the project milestones including project evaluation, regular audits, knowledge synthesis and timely monitoring and reporting on project progress and completion, problems experienced and solutions to all stakeholders.
- Support arrangements for project evaluation.
Develop Knowledge Products:
- Contribute to knowledge management including: (i) providing hands-on support to Recipients in implementing projects to achieve the overall goals; (ii) establishing and maintaining an E-network for sharing knowledge and providing back-stopping support; (iii) linking projects to the sanitation experts in Africa and ensuring effective support; (iv) looking out for key approaches, findings and lessons and ensuring prompt sharing among the Recipients; (v) encouraging and supporting dissemination of findings at national level for possible replication; (vi) preparing project synthesis reports and sharing them identified audiences; (vii) ensuring effective recruitment of consultants to undertake various Knowledge Management (KM) activities; (viii) managing the annual peer-to-peer review events; etc.
- Ensure coordination with sanitation partners in Africa (and elsewhere), and represent AWF in donor meetings, regional and international meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops on sanitation development issues.
- Establish and maintain active communication between the different stakeholders and work with them to ensure that they are adequately informed on portfolio progress.
- Contribute to the preparation of the AWF Annual Report, and the Annual Work plan and budget as required.
- Respond to requests for information from the AWF Co-ordinator and the AWF team at HQ in a timely manner.
- Participate in the co-ordination and organisation of AWF activities and participate in specific AWF events as required
- Undertake assignments as may be required by the AWF Co-ordinator from time to time
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Civil Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, Sanitation and Hygiene, or related discipline.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience related to project management, sanitation policy and strategy development, preparation and management of non-sewered sanitation and reuse projects preferably in urban and peri-urban settings
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues
- Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as part of a multicultural team
- Ability to influence and participate effectively in actions to drive change
- Ability to be flexible, open minded with integrity.
- Client and results oriented individual demonstrating “a can do attitude”
- Good understanding of sanitation issues, trends and opportunities in Africa.
- Ability to identify and articulate policy and technological issues and to provide sound advice.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate them effectively orally and in written briefs.
- Experience in delivering high quality operational products and services (research advice, sectoral studies and review; projects).
- Good communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships in a diverse multicultural environment.
- Experience with International Development Financing Institutions in developing countries including a satisfactory knowledge of their operational policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other;
- Competence in the use of the standard Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SAP.
Job Title: Senior Climate Finance Officer – PECG1
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50051675
- The Vice-Presidency for ‘Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth’ is a Sector Complex focusing on the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy, High 5s priority of “Light up and Power Africa”. The complex’s objectives are:
- To develop policy and strategy;
- To provide deep sector technical expertise to the Regions by gathering a pool of experienced individuals who can be consulted for their expertise on complicated transactions;
- To develop new financing instruments;
- To act as spokesperson to represent the Bank with external stakeholders on all aspects of “Light Up and Power Africa”. The Complex will focus on areas of Power systems, policy and regulation, renewable energy; and, Climate and Green Growth.
The Hiring Department
The Climate Change and Green Growth Department has broad objectives of:
- Mainstreaming climate change and green growth into Bank’s High 5 operations;
- Monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the Bank’s climate change interventions through the Bank’s Climate Change Action Plan and the Bank’s Green Growth Framework;
- Managing access to the growing number of sources of Green and Climate Finance for all Operational Vice Presidencies within the Bank;
- Assisting African countries to develop and implement their NDCs as well as to increase their access to global climate finance; and
- Leading all efforts within the Bank focused on minimizing and reversing the effects of Climate Change on the continent.
- The Department consists of two divisions, Climate and Green Growth Division, and Climate and Environment Finance Division.
The Hiring Division
- The Climate and Environment Finance Division is responsible for ensuring the Bank’s and RMCs’ enhanced access to climate and environmental (green) finance. Specifically, the Division manages the growing pool of climate and environment resources available within and outside the Bank, develops innovative mechanisms and tools to increase Bank’s access to climate and environment finance – including through green bonds and blended finance, strengthens the capacities of RMCs to access global climate finance through their Nationally Determined Contributions, improves climate finance tracking within the Bank, and engages in thought leadership and knowledge development on climate finance.
- The responsibility of the Senior Climate Finance Officer will be to coordinate financial management of the Internal and External Climate and Environment Funds’ portfolio under implementation/management by AfDB.
- Under the leadership and guidance of the Manager PECG.1 and in close collaboration with the Funds’ operation coordinators, the incumbent provides leadership in budgeting, financial reporting and administrative matters to facilitate efficient, cost-effective implementation of the Division’s core business functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Division Manager, the Senior Climate Finance Officer under the job title “Financial Coordinator for Climate and Environment Funds” will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Budget Planning and Implementation:
- Provide appropriate guidelines to the Funds’ operation coordinators and task forces to enable them to prepare detailed annual budgets for their activities;
- Coordinate and ensure the preparation of the annual Funds’ administrative budgets for the review and approval by Bank’s Management, Donors or Trustees;
- Implement the allocation of annual funds to individual units according to the approved budget;
- Monitor the budget implementation, advise the Manager on budget imputation and ensure regular reporting of budget realization;
- Ensure monitoring of expenditures under all internal orders and cost centers;
- Advise the Division Manager on effective resource management access and allocation for cost-effective implementation of the Division’s activities and objectives.
Financial Management and Reporting:
- Provide necessary advice and guidance to Funds’ operation coordinators and Task Force on the application of the fund’s financial rules and regulations;
- Ensure that the Bank fulfils internal and external financial reporting obligations to the Trust Funds, or Donors in a timely and accurate manner;
- Ensure preparation of all financial reports to the funds’ Donors, Trustees and Administrative Units, in collaboration with FIFC and other Bank’s relevant departments;
- Provide relevant financial data for the resource mobilization purpose, aid in writing proposals and negotiation with Donors;
- Participate in the mobilization of resources working with FIRM and ensure processing of related Requests;
- Ensure monitoring of processing of all investment plans and project preparation and projects funding (loans, grants and fees);
- Maintain and update the Commitments and Disbursement datasets;
- Contribute to the Funds’ auditing processes led by FIFC;
- Assist the Manager and Fund operation coordinators in all financial related matters;
- Support the preparation of the Climate Funds’ Annual reports and any knowledge products which contain financial data;
- Meet ad-hoc financial data and analysis requests and any requests in relation to the administration of the Climate and Environment Funds across AfDB;
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Division manager or Director.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Finance, Banking or Accounting;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of professional work in the area of accounting, auditing, budget planning and financial management;
- Relevant experience in the same field within a Multinational Development Bank would be advantageous;
- Experience in drafting financial reports for development agencies and donors;
- Proven experience in accounting and reporting using automated accounting systems such as SAP;
- High degree of initiative and strong record of performance with low supervisory requirements to function effectively;
- Demonstrated good judgmental, conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Team spirit with excellent interpersonal skills dealing with internal and external stakeholders;
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Job Title: Principal Irrigation Engineer – RDGW.2
Position N°: 50001120
- The Vice-Presidency for Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery is responsible for operational relevance, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank Group’s operational programs, and activities.
- The Viceâ€‘Presidency for Regional Development will ensure that the Bank operates successfully across its Regional Member Countries and oversee the full implementation of all aspects of the Bank’s Regional Directorates.
The Hiring Department/Division
- Within the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery (RDVP) Complex, the Bank has five (5) Regional Hubs, one in each region of Africa: North, South, East, West, and Central. Each Regional Hub is headed by a Director General (DG) and is provided with the relevant sector functions and administrative capabilities for rapid delivery of services to client countries.
- Regional Hubs provide country offices in their regions with strategic direction and are responsible for operations, business development, project management and the overall effective implementation of the Bank’s High 5s, namely: “Light up and Power Africa,” “Feed Africa,” “Industrialize Africa,” “Integrate Africa” and “Improve the Quality of Life for the People of Africa.”
- Under the overall supervision of the Manager, Agriculture and Human Development Division (RDGW.2), the Irrigation Engineer will ensure the technical quality of the Bank’s activities in support of investment operations in the agricultural water management sector.
- The incumbent will provide sector-specific expertise in the planning, development, structuring and financing of national and regional agricultural projects, including in irrigation and agricultural water management. She/he will contribute to the implementation of flagship programs as required.
Duties and responsibilities
The incumbent will:
- Participate actively in the strategic analysis of countries covered, identification, design, preparation, appraisal and implementation of agricultural sector projects and programs, in line with Bank Group policies and strategies;
- Plan, execute and supervise agricultural engineering, irrigation and agricultural water management activities throughout the project cycle;
- Assist member countries in project identification and preparation;
- Manage (including general administration) Bank Group portfolio in countries covered, in consultation with stakeholders.
- Manage day-to-day project and program operations entrusted to her/him; this will include monitoring project implementation, and maintaining contact with Governments and other project implementation agencies for all project-related issues;
- Supervise the procurement of goods and services during project implementation to ensure interpretation and strict compliance with Bank Group rules and procedures; verify that tender documents and contracts conform with standard Bank formats, and participate with other staff in the bid review and evaluation committees for bids submitted by entrepreneurs, etc.;
- Ensure the establishment of effective supervision mechanisms for projects and program entrusted to him/her;
- Participate in mainstreaming poverty reduction and crosscutting environmental, gender and governance issues into Bank-financed projects, consistent with its vision;
- Perform the role of mission member in charge of irrigation and agricultural water management at all stages of the project cycle, and coordinate the contributions of other experts in identification, preparation and appraisal reports, as well as in project planning and preparation.
- Maintain liaison with other bilateral and multilateral institutions involved in agricultural and/or rural development projects;
- Contribute to knowledge management systems in key areas of rural poverty and prepare terms of reference for Bank-financed consultants;
- Contributing to work in the water sector (see Bank policies on integrated water management, agriculture and rural development).
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least a Masters’ Degree/Specialized Graduate Studies Diploma (DESS)/ Diploma of Advanced Studies (DEA) or equivalent degree in Irrigation, Agricultural Engineering, Water Resources Management, Water and Rural Engineering or other related fields, with a sound knowledge of development issues;
- At least five (6) years of relevant professional experience, including in designing rural development projects and preparing, evaluating and managing loans and grants;
- Demonstrated ability to interact with public service and donor agency staff on aid coordination issues as well as with the private sector;
- A sense of customer service to understand, and where appropriate, anticipate client needs to ensure that they receive the best possible service from the Bank;
- Proven ability to build and lead a team of professionals, and use the talents and expertise of team members productively;
- A command of standard Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP is desirable;
- Fluency in English and/or French, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th November, 2018
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about African Development Bank Group Latest Recruitment 2018 kindly provide us your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
What do you think? Was this article African Development Bank Group Latest Recruitment 2018 helpful and useful?
If this article on African Development Bank Group Latest Recruitment 2018 has been helpful Please share and Like us on Facebook@Examstuts
Follow us on twitter, instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest
Examstuts Brings to your doorstep daily school news and happening in Higher Institutions in Nigeria and around the world.
Regular job updates and vacancies and Opportunities.
Oil and Gas Jobs And Recruitment
Opportunities For Nigerians.
Opportunities For Africans.
Fellowships, Awards and Internships.
Scholarships for Nigerian students.
Scholarships for African Students
Scholarships for Undergraduate students.
Scholarships for Postgraduate students.
Scholarships for Masters students.
Scholarships for PHD students.
Scholarships for International students.
Examination Guides and past questions
Job Interview Help and guides.
What do you think?
Is it not better to drop your Email with us now for direct job updates, school news, scholarships and exams guide straight into your mail? Please drop your Email and share the good news by clicking any of the social media icons.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at email@example.com to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
The post African Development Bank Group Latest Recruitment 2018 And How To Apply appeared first on Examstuts.