2019 Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Fellowships in Japan
2019 Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Fellowships in Japan The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), in association with the Australian Academy of Science, offers Postdoctoral Fellowships for Australian researchers to work in institutes affiliated with JSPS. Fellowships are available to Australian researchers.
2019 Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Fellowships in Japan
The program aims to help such researchers advance their own research while contributing to the advancement of research in Japan and the counterpart countries.
The Australian Academy of Science provides an independent, authoritative and influential scientific advice, promotes international scientific engagement, builds public awareness and understanding of science, and champions celebrates and supports excellence in Australian science.
- Applications Deadline: November 21, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Applications are invited from suitably qualified researchers in any field of natural sciences (including technology, engineering and medicine), the humanities and social sciences.
- Scholarship Award: The amounts of the awards indicated below are subject to change.
- A round-trip air ticket (based on JSPS regulations).
- A monthly maintenance allowance of ¥362,000.
- A settling-in allowance of ¥200,000.
- Overseas travel accident and sickness insurance coverage.
- Nationality: Fellowships are available to Australian researchers.
- Number of Scholarships: JSPS has advised that the quota has not been set for Australia for the 2019 round under this program. A quota may not be set until early 2019. The quota for the previous round was 14.
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident living in Australia at the time of application. (If you were not born in Australia, please provide proof of Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency).
- Note: Persons of Japanese nationality are not eligible to apply, nor are those of dual nationality if one is Japanese. Also, researchers who have permanent residency in Japan are not eligible.
- Candidates must hold a doctorate degree which must have been received on or after 2 April 2013 or be scheduled to receive a doctorate degree before the fellowship goes into effect.
- Note: If the doctorate degree has not been awarded at the time of application, the PhD thesis needs to have been awarded and a letter is required from the candidate’s institute stating the date that he/she will officially receive the degree.
- MD (medical doctor) holders without a PhD are not eligible.
- Candidates who have previously been awarded a fellowship under the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Foreign Researchers or an STA Fellowship Program are not eligible.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Materials to be submitted (in the following order)
- Applicant summary information form
- Application form
- (please read the JSPS Application Guidelines and Instructions for the Applications Form documents prior to completing the application form)
- Supporting documents:
- Copy of document confirming Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency status (for applicants not born in Australia) e.g. Australian Certificate of Citizenship, Australian passport, Australian permanent residency visa or letter of approval for Australian permanent residency visa. Tourist, business or other short-term visas will not be accepted.
- Copy of the candidate’s doctoral degree certificate. If the degree has not yet been awarded, a letter is required from the candidate’s institution stating the date that he/she will officially receive the degree.
- Note: PhD thesis needs to have been submitted at the time of application.
- Copy of the signed letter of acceptance/invitation from the candidate’s prospective host researcher in Japan, stating that he/she accepts the candidate at his/her institution.
- Copy of a signed letter of reference/recommendation from the candidate’s doctoral supervisor (not from his/her prospective host researcher in Japan).
- The names, address and contact details of two referees who may be contacted by the selection committee if further information is required. These referees can be from Australia or overseas but not from the host institution.
- The details of the two referees can be submitted on a separate page. Do not include the details in an email.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about 2019 Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Fellowships in Japan kindly provide us your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
What do you think? Was this article 2019 Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Fellowships in Japan helpful and useful?
If this article on 2019 Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Fellowships in Japan has been helpful Please share and Like us on Facebook@Examstuts
Follow us on twitter, instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest
Examstuts Brings to your doorstep daily school news and happening in Higher Institutions in Nigeria and around the world.
Regular job updates and vacancies and Opportunities.
Oil and Gas Jobs And Recruitment
Opportunities For Nigerians.
Opportunities For Africans.
Fellowships, Awards and Internships.
Scholarships for Nigerian students.
Scholarships for African Students
Scholarships for Undergraduate students.
Scholarships for Postgraduate students.
Scholarships for Masters students.
Scholarships for PHD students.
Scholarships for International students.
Examination Guides and past questions
Job Interview Help and guides.
What do you think?
Is it not better to drop your Email with us now for direct job updates, school news, scholarships and exams guide straight into your mail? Please drop your Email and share the good news by clicking any of the social media icons.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
The post 2019 Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Fellowships in Japan appeared first on Examstuts.